Oedema is an excessive collection of fluids in the body tissues. Subcutaneous oedema is a common occurrence in later pregnancy, manifesting with puffiness or swelling in the hands & feet. This will usually be mild and primarily affects the feet & ankle, reflecting the effect of gravity on the extra bodily fluids generated during pregnancy. This type of oedema is more pronounced after standing for long periods, in warm weather and as the day progresses, but will disappear with rest overnight.
“Each pose is free. Learn to diffuse it everywhere”, B.K.S. Iyengar
“Yoga is a mirror to look at ourselves from within”, B.K.S. Iyengar
“Be as you are, without worries because the goal is already realised..That is discrimination itself. Who else other than the self could teach what to whom?
– Christian Pisano, The Heros Contemplation
Yamas & Niyamas
–How do they affect your life and your yoga practice?
8 Yoga Disciplines:
- Yamas – codes of restraint, abstinences
- Ahimsa – non violence, non harming, non injury
- Satya – truthfulness, honesty
- Asteya – non stealing, abstention from theft
- Brahmacharya – Spiritual practice
- Aparigraha – non possessiveness, non holding through senses, non greed, non grasping, non indulgence