- Eat a warm breakfast..eg. porridge with dates & mollasses.
- Eat foods that are easy to digest, eg. soup & stews – & make with green leafy veg, Kale or spinich are especially nourishing…make these with some seaweed to add extra nouishment.
- Avoid cold drinks or foods, a little is okay, just not majority of your food intake.
- Chicken stock from scratch!.. it provides so much nourishment.
- Avoid dehydration – dry lips, thirst, reduced urinary output are signs that fluid intake is inadequate or traces of ketones on urine sticks.
- If difficult to drink large amounts of water, drinking regular small amounts is recommended.
- Potato soup daily – good as is very bland
- Veg or chicken broths also good
- Peppermint/ginger tea – not more than 3 cups per day
- If belching relieves nausea, take carbonated drinks, especially ginger are good
- Sucking on ice cubes or watery fruits such as melons or pears